Welcome to the Student Zone
Here you can choose from a selection of videos, podcasts, texts etc to help you improve your English skills. Please click on any item below that interests you.
- The English We Speak – Every week, we look at a different everyday English phrase or piece of slang in this fun three-minute programme. From BBC World Service.
- Six Minute English – Learn and practise useful English language for everyday situations with the BBC. Your weekly instruction manual for saying or doing something in English is published every Friday.
- English Drama Series – Dramas for English language learners from BBC World Service. Improve your English with retellings of stories classic and new. Each episode is between 6 and 10 minutes long.
- English at Work – These podcasts are all related to many different situations that take place in the work place.
- Queen Elizabeth 21st Birthday Speech
- Cambridge Speaking Test Videos – Here you can view a collection of videos provided directly by Cambridge. These videos include most of the speaking tests including the First Certificate, CAE Advanced English and CPE Proficiency. They will benefit anyone who is planning on taking any of these tests and they will show you how the test works and what you can expect.
- Pronunciation with Tim – This is a comprehensive pronunciation video programme over many episodes that covers many aspects of English pronunciation. This collection is provided by the BBC.
- Pronunciation Sounds – This video collection concentrates on the individual sounds in English and is a great way to perfect each utterance just like a native.
- Drama – White Elephant – This series of videos shows life in a restaurant that always has problems and challenges. This can be great for learning vocabulary, phrases and grammar connected with food, cooking and restaurant service.
- Drama – Inspector Stone – Series of 4 animated shorts, each looking at a popular English phrase or expression, as used today. These short stories follow the cases of Inspector Stone and each case is designed to teach the different aspects and grammar points in English. Improve your grammar, phrasal verbs and idioms.
- 6 Minute Vocabulary – This collection of videos provide useful new vocabulary and helpful ideas to ensure you can improve your English vocabulary.
Live British Radio
- LBC Radio London – (leading britains conversation) This station is a conversation only radio station and it is a great way to allow you to listen to many people every day talking about the all important issues and debates of the day. It is also a telephone-in radio station – this means that the public often call the radio station and give their point of view on a wide range of daily topics.
- BBC World Service – The famous BBC World Service where you can listen to a whole range of Worldwide current affairs.
Live British Television
- UK Live TV – This is an internet site that shows all of the UK TV stations LIVE and work andwhere in the World. If you watch the station on a tablet or smart phone you will also be able to transmit/cast the programmes directly to your TV. On the main menu simply press UK Live TV – Enjoy !